Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Vance and Hines Shortshot pipes in chrome arrived today. I will be putting these on this weekend hopefully. I cant do the A/C and the Powercommander vs. Fuelpak vs. Screamin Eagle Race tuner right now, but I will soon.



I went with these short drag pipes because I like how short they are. Long pipes on Sportsters dont really do it for me. At first I didnt like the slash cut ends and I was searching for a straight cut pipe, but these are growing on me. I also purchased the quiet baffles because while I want pipes louder than stock, I dont want that super loud, sharp, blatty, farting noise I hear a lot of. I hear the quiet baffles tone that down a bit and give a deeper rumble rumble. Ill let you know...



Im planning to do exhaust wrap and Ill scotchbrite the exposed ends because Im over chrome. The heatshields will not be installed. Anyone need a set of brand new unwrapped heatshields? Theyre on eBay.



The new pipes...now with quiet baffles for that neighbor-friendly sound.


Blog Archive